PMSA Collective Bargaining
Union members remain keen to finalise a replacement collective agreement as soon as possible in order to confirm future working conditions in PMSA schools.
The Single Bargaining Unit (SBU) met in late 2016 to further progress the various employee bargaining issues. While progress was made in relation to some matters, several important employee issues remain unresolved.
Key unresolved issues
Employee representatives initially tabled the employee bargaining issues with the employer in October 2016. Subsequent negotiations have successfully resolved several non wage items identified by employees for the new agreement.
- Employees are seeking the resolution of these remaining matters in order to finalise a draft agreement:
- confirmation of the length of the new agreement and nominal expiry date;
- the replacement of any planning, preparation and correction time entitlement that is unable to be accessed by a teacher;
- an updated schedule relating to PAR structures and working arrangements;
- arrangements related to existing employer provided salary continuance insurance; and
- protocols for the use of electronic communication in PMSA schools.
Read latest negotiation updates in the chapter briefings and resources below.
Employee Log of Claims
Click here to download a copy of the employer wage proposal - 9 February 2017