Anglican Schools Collective Bargaining
The collective agreement governing wages and conditions in Queensland Anglican schools expires later this year.
Feedback from union members has identified a range of significant professional, industrial, and family friendly issues for inclusion in the Anglican Schools Employee Log of Claims for collective bargaining.
The Anglican Schools Employee Log of Claims has been compiled based on extensive member surveys, workplace visits and direct member feedback.
The claim includes a range of solutions identified by members in response to issues in our schools:
- Contemporary wages and career pathways
- Practices to support a better work-life balance
- Family personal and community responsibility
- Greater balance in teacher hours of duty arrangements
- Fixed-term contract protections and increased job security
- Anglican Schools Employee Log of Claims
- Now is our chance to improve working conditions in Anglican schools - flyer
- How can Anglican schools better support Graduate Teachers - flyer
- Recognising the valuable work of school officers and services staff - flyer
Members have a range of tasks to undertake in preparation for successful negotiations.
Have all staff at your school been invited to join their Union this year?
The resolution of member issues in negotiations is directly related to our collective strength. Members should personally invite their school colleagues to be part of their Union.
Has your Chapter confirmed a full Chapter Executive?
Large schools require several Union representatives for effective communication and consultation. Have you updated and expanded your Chapter positions?